Theme of the Week: God Our Father
Bible Verse: “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:9–11 NIV
Scripture Reading: Romans 8:1–39
One of my greatest desires as a dad is to see my kids provided for. For example, I want to provide:
- A home where they can feel loved and accepted.
- Environments where they can learn about life and be educated about the world we live in.
- Opportunities for them to make friends and create great memories.
This is what I, an imperfect dad, want to give my kids. And Jesus tells us that his perfect Father has given us even more than what we want for our kids:
- He gives us his Word, which tells us the story of how our world got messed up and how God plans to restore it.
- God provides people to come alongside us, encourage us, help us carry our burdens, and to point us back to him when we’re losing hope.
- He sends us his Holy Spirit, who comforts us, guides us, and empowers us when we are tired, confused, and discouraged.
- Ultimately he gives us his own Son. Jesus, God’s Son, joins us in our suffering. Jesus forgives our sins. Above all, Jesus offers us a life, defined by grace, that enables us to rise above our suffering.
How are you making use of God’s provision for you today?
Copyright © 2021 Impactus | Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.