Theme of the Week: God’s Promises for All Times
Bible Verse: What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
Scripture Reading: Romans 8:31-38
It is not by chance that in Deuteronomy 6: 6-7, God charged parents to speak to their children all the time to tell them who God is and what He has done. Children have such sponge-like minds and hearts, and as you intentionally engage with them and teach them, trust is developed.
In a world of constant change, we as Christians need to become more like children. Whenever we hear God’s voice of truth, it must be absorbed by us and etched in our hearts, so we can grow in trusting God.
- God promises to keep his word. Let us all take him at his own word.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” Psalm 34:8
- God promises to save us. We are saved from sin, from our selfishness and self-centeredness. As we turn to God to provide and be the source of everything we want and need, He will give to us. That’s His promise!
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- God promises to be with us. As God gives us his promises and saves us, he will commit to being with us as his way of assuring he will fulfill everything he promised.
“I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b
- God promises to speak life and guide us. The word of God, the Bible, is not merely a “roadmap” to heaven or a “guide” for life. God’s word is the very breath uttered that brought life to all that exists. Jesus, the Living Word, is the very life operating in us the wisdom, discernment, and joy.
“The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.” – Psalm 19:7
- Finally, God promises us His glory. The end of the Christian life is not to get to a place, but to become like a person – Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
“And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”- 2 Corinthians 3:18
Now, like a child of the living God, remember his promises. And go live the abundant life Jesus has promised you.
Copyright © 2020 Impactus | Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.