As men who want to continue to grow in our faith and have a stronger relationship with God, it is important for us to spend time in the Bible. The Bible teaches us that “All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
Dwayne Cline is the lead pastor of Hughson Street Baptist Church in Hamilton, Ontario. He frequently speaks at Promise Keepers Canada conferences and is a council member for the Gospel Coalition in Canada. Dwayne reminds us of the importance of the Bible in our lives and how we can understand it better—answering questions such as:
- What does the Bible mean when it says “Scripture is inspired by God”?
- What do the words infallible and inerrant really mean? And what’s the difference between them?
- Should we read every book of the Bible in the same way?
- Should we take everything in the Bible literally?
- Why do some passages in the Bible seem to contradict each other?
- Is it possible that we hold the Bible in such high regard that it becomes idolatry?
- How do we avoid picking and choosing verses from the Bible and applying them out of context?
Related Links and Resources:
- Give Now to Help Us Point More Men to Jesus
- Me Too? How to Respond to the Sexual Harassment Epidemic
- Daily Devotionals