Theme of the Week: Wisdom for the Ages
Bible Verse: Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5–6 NKJV
Scripture Reading: Psalms 37:3-5, Proverbs 3:1-35
We started this week by looking at some of our favourite things. Favourite verses, however, are not good luck charms. But if we allow them to penetrate deep into our hearts, they have the potential to help us hear God’s voice and know his will.
To recap, we’ve done a deeper dive into the amazing passage in Proverbs 3 verses 5-6 and learned the following:
- Trust in the Lord: We can trust Him because He is completely trustworthy.
- With all your heart: Following Jesus is not for the faint-hearted or half-hearted but requires wholehearted obedience.
- And lean not on your own understanding: The life of faith is one of being a life-long learner and a life-long truster.
- In all your ways acknowledge Him: The life of faith is built on dependence and submission to God, who will provide us with the daily wisdom and guidance we need.
- And He shall direct your paths – The promise of a clear path is also a pledge of daily godly living and integrity.
There are three final takeaways from our study this week.
- Scripture is deeper and richer than we might realize – Study it intently. Read it deeply. Let it read you.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 is a life coach, not a lucky charm – These 27 words teach us how to trust God and live godly lives.
- Trust is more than a moment; it’s a journey – Trust involves a lifetime of wisdom, integrity, and consistency.
The hymn writer William J. Kirkpatrick summed it up well: “Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word, Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know, ‘Thus saith the Lord!’ Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Oh, for grace to trust Him more!”
Prayer: Father, teach me to wholeheartedly trust you in all things, acknowledge you in all ways, and walk with you in every way. Amen.
Reflection: What have you learned this week about God? About yourself? Be encouraged. God is faithful even when we are not. Commit to trust Him daily by spending time with Him and determining to live for Him.
Copyright © 2022 Impactus | Promise Keepers Canada. All rights reserved.