On September 30th, the country of Canada observed “National Truth & Reconciliation Day” for the first time in solidarity with our First Nations communities.
This day, though only one small step, is a part of reconciliation efforts that are ongoing and very needed. As Christians, may we pause and consider our role in these efforts while acknowledging a dark past, but also bringing light and hope to a promising future.
On today’s podcast, we have Dan Collado. He serves as the Academic Director of Aboriginal Bible Academy (ABA) and tells us about the important ministry he is involved in and how the local Church can also take steps towards true reconciliation.
- Introduction 0:05
- Who is Dan Collado | 1:53
- Praying dangerous prayers | 6:00
- What is the Aboriginal Bible Academy? | 7:50
- How has the ABA been impacted by the pandemic?| 11:07
- Being involved in reconciliation efforts : 15:47
- How has all that has transpired impacted you personally? | 19:00
- How Should the Church Respond? | 23:55
- What Can Men Do? | 30:55
- Where to Learn more about ABA & Dan Callado | 35:12