If you were to rate your prayer life today on a scale of 1-10…how would you rate yourself?
Of course, there is no easy rating scale for our relationship with God, but prayer is one of those areas of our spiritual lives that men consistently find difficult.
At the start of this fresh new year, when topics around spiritual disciplines are common conversation, this is a great time to evaluate our prayer habits and what they mean for our walk with God.
In this month’s podcast, we are excited to welcome Dr. Bill Thrasher! Bill is a graduate professor of Bible and Theology at Moody Theological Seminary and a frequent speaker for churches and retreats nationwide. His ministry interests include campus discipleship, singles ministry, and evangelism.
He is the author of Believing God for His Best, A Journey to Victorious Praying, Principles of Christian Living from Romans 5-8, The Attributes of God in Pauline Theology, and Living the Life God Has Planned. Bill and his wife, Penny, live in the Chicago area and have three sons.
His most recent book is entitled How to Resurrect a Dead Prayer Life. We all know that prayer is essential—it’s the lifeblood of the Christian life. But most of us find prayer to be challenging. We easily get discouraged, disillusioned, and distracted.
So, how can a man build and sustain a meaningful and valuable prayer life?
Through this conversation, Dean and Dr. Thrasher cover such topics as:
- What does it mean to “pray in the Spirit”? How does the Holy Spirit motivate and encourage our prayer life?
- How can we identify and revive a “dead” prayer life?
- How can someone with a worried or frantic life begin to enjoy God’s presence and peace?
- What does it mean to truly encounter God in prayer, and not just do it as a religious duty?
- What do you do when you don’t know how to pray or what to pray for?
- How does God use our most challenging moments to actually defeat the Enemy in our lives?
- How can we turn our chronic temptations into moments of encounter and victory with God?
Enjoy all this and more in this month’s podcast!